Friday, June 19, 2009

I need to get with it!

I haven't posted anything for so long. I don't know why, maybe because of all the many things that have been going on since the death of my dad. There was Memorial Day, which used to be called "Decoration Day". Our family decorated lots of graves at the Provo Cemetery. We even "geo-cached" at the Provo Cemetery. Jenny found a "micro" there and was really thrilled. Dad and Gayle's grave (at the Orem Cemetery) do not have markers yet, but they both had tons of flowers and remembrances. It has rained so much this past month, that we have not done a whole lot of things. I planted wildflowers from seeds, and they are doing well. I have a small garden with tomatoes and peppers. Dave came from Palm Springs for a weekend visit and we did the Brick Oven Pizza thing. My grandson Brady had a "jumping on the bed" accident and lost his four bottom teeth. Jenny was tending him and was right there folding clothes, and he hit his jaw on the bed frame when Jenny caught him. It was traumatic for everyone concerned, but he mended and things are great. I reminded his mother Ashleigh that she lost her four top front teeth to an accident on her bike, and she survived. I am thankful that things are back to normal now and thankful for our many blessings.

No comments: