Saturday, April 05, 2008

Pneumonia, crashed computer,etc

I feel like most of this year has been a bust, waste, or whatever. On January 11, I had my hand surgery, and had an arm cast for a month, most of which was spent in bed due to muscle spasms and pain. The spasms were from the removal of the tendon that reconstructed my thumb and joint. Then there was the trauma of physical (pain) therapy. That lasted for another two months. Before that was over, I contracted pneumonia, and spent ten days in bed coughing, coughing, coughing. It was weird, because the sickness came on really fast--like within an half hour. I was surprised how fast it attacked. I still have a cough and feel not so good, but I am up and going. Then this week my computer froze, and Ashleigh is trying to clean it by erasing everything. The hard drive is probably corrupted, so I am still waiting to get it back. In the meantime I am working from my slow laptop---and it is slow. I'm glad that April is here and maybe spring is around the corner.......

My hand and thumb looks deformed now, and I get to get the other hand done when I get the courage--maybe next January. That is a good time because it is winter and nothing is going on.

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

I am reinstalling Windows as we speak. Your hard drive was not corrupted and all your data has been saved... success!