Monday, March 17, 2008

March updates

Well, the month got off to a great start when Joel was laid off from his job at XanGo. About 55 others were let go too. We got rest of the month's pay, plus severance. It will be OK--Joel always lands on his feet. He and his friend are going to open up a small car lot somewhere........

I got the release from my hand doctor this month. I can resume my normal activities' whatever that is! That means I pick Jayda up from school, watch the noon news, surf the internet for food recipes, take an afternoon nap, let the dog out, talk on the phone, check my email, and then maybe fix dinner.

My dad, Donald Rasmussen, found out that he has cancer of the lower jaw. He underwent 9 1/2 hours of surgery on Friday, March 7th. The doctor removed his lower jaw and took out some lymph nodes. They could not do any more surgery, such as reconstruct his jaw, because his cardiac doctor would not OK him to be in surgery longer than 8 hours. We pray for him everyday and hope that he recovers soon. Our family went to St. George this past weekend (13th to 15th) to see him. He is swollen, and will never be able to chew again, as his jaw is forever gone. We wish him all the luck in the world, and I know he will be up and going soon.


Today is St. Patty's Day--remember: KISS ME, I'M IRISH.

No comments: