Monday, March 26, 2012

Call it the Thursday night massacre for the Patrick Henry devotees.

I am sitting here at work with nothing to do.  No one has called in asking questions or seeking help on the phone.  I have not been sworn at for a while, so life is pretty good here at work.  I have been reading the Salt Lake Tribune, and trying to stay awake.  I was on my way to Californis when the GOP caucus's were held.  I would have like to have attended, just to see the goings-on.  I have had to read what really went on behind the scenes.  Paul Rolly of the Trib is good at reporting what the fallout has been.  Look like the tea baggers took a bath.    That shows how really uninformed they are.  I just found out that my son in law is a Democrat.  That was a long kept secret, but short lived.  My daughter said he switched parties and joined the GOP to vote for Mitt.  He could vote for Mitt even if he is a Democrat.  No one knows who you vote for, not even the angels in Heaven.  Wow, I am glad for that one!!!!!!!!  Well, I have gotten off the beaten track here.  Anyway, as Paul Rolly explained, the blue haired people took back the GOP and got rid of the tea baggers.  The LDS Church encouraged everyone to attend their caucus's. So basically in a nut shell the righteous right  got the "boot".  Holly RIchardson, Jared Law, Joel Wright, Gayle Ruzika.   Also gone is right-wing blogger and author Connor Boyack, who left his position as social media director in the Mike Lee campaign two years ago because — get this — Lee was too liberal for him.  How can anyway be further "right" than Mike Lee.  How is Stephen Sandstrom and Carl Wimmer going to fare when it comes to the elections?    Here is a list of some of the logic that I hear:

Obama is responsible for the high gas prices.
Obama is another Hitler.
The LDS Church has nothing to do with the politics of this state.
Governor Herbert runs the State of Utah, not Gayle Ruzika.

If you would like to read the Trib's article, here is the link:  http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/opinion/53773144-82/party-tea-delegates-caucuses.html.csp

No comments: