Friday, December 17, 2010

PROVO TABERNACLE BURNS TO THE GROUND

Joel drove me down to see what was going on with the Provo Tabernacle that was reported to be on fire.  These are a few of the pictures that I took of this sad scene.  What a sad, sad day for everyone.  I grew up in Provo and this building is part of my life.  I went to numerous Stake Conference meetings in this building, along with Seminary Graduation.  Joel's dad Joseph sang with the Ralph Woodward Chorale, and every year at Christmas time the group sang "The Messiah" in the Tabernacle.  People were taking pictures, standing there just staring, or openly sobbing.    I sincerely hope this can be put back together again, but only time will tell.  A fencing company is there getting ready to put up a fence. 
Words cannot express how I feel right now.






1 comment:

Cara said...

Those are really great photos of a really tragic loss. I made it down on Saturday the fire was out but it was haunting. Thank you for sharing these.