Friday, May 07, 2010

The Two Olivia's


















When daughter Jenny was pregnant with her third child, which she did not know what it was going to be, she said she wanted to name it a "ancestor" name. The name that came to mind, was OLIVIA if her baby was a girl. Anna Olevia Rasmussen was a extremely beautiful ancestor, that I had long admired her beauty. She was the daughter of Christian and Mette Rasmussen, my great, great grandparents. So when her little girl was born, she named her Olivia. Olivia was also born on the same day that Sadaam Hussein was found in that spider hole. Recently, on our trip to St. George for spring break, we stopped at the Parowan cemetary. We visited the Rasmussen graves, and when looking at Anna Olevia's grave, we noticed one thing: Both Olivia's were born on the same day, December 14th. It was meant to be that she was named Olivia!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Sharon,
I love your blog! I especially love the story about Olivia. You have a beautiful family and I love reading about them. You are a very blessed woman!!!!! Linda Carter from SS 3rd.

Nana & Papa of 16 said...

Sharon, I love to read your blog so never stop blogging. You always have the most interesting stories. My life is so blaw and boring right now I don't even have anything to blog about. I love the story of the two Olivia's, wow to share the same name and birthdate too as well. I think there is a slight resemblance too what do you think?