Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Chief Stanley Brown

Today was the funeral for the former Provo City Fire Chief Stanely Brown. He was such a great part of my life. I have known his family since I was a teenager. His daughter Kate was one of my best friends. We were in the same LDS ward, and her mother Lois was our Mutual teacher. I spend a lot of time at their home hanging out, listening to records and calling boys. There was always a party at the Brown's home. It was the gathering place for Kate's friends, and also for her brother Ed.

Sadly, Kate was killed in a car accident in Provo Canyon in 1971. She was a passenger in a car driven by her boyfriend Pat. Life was never the same without her. Her parents took her death hard, and she was always in their hearts. I think of her often and I still miss her after all these years. When I hear a certain song from the 60's, it reminds me of our great times together. The "Chief" is with her now, along with his son Sam. Farewell for a while, but we will see you again................

No comments: