Sunday, October 04, 2009

My Dad

Today is my dad's birthday. I really miss him. Today it kind of hurts to think about. You see, my parents got divorced when I was in kindergarten. I don't remember much about living with him. But I remember how much my parents fought when he came to visit my brother and I. When my parents got divorced, my brother and I went to live with my mother's parents, my grandparents. We had a great life with them, they gave us everything. We did not see my dad very often. I think it was just easier for him to stay away. I feel cheated that I did not get to live with him. When I got older, I tried to spend as much time with him as I could. I watched him suffer with his jaw cancer. It breaks my heart to think about it. Dad, you are at peace now, and we will see you again.

2 comments:

Weight Family said...

My thoughts are with you, Sharon. you've lost too many close people.

jb said...

The heartache that comes with missing people you love is so hard. Here's a hug my friend (HUG). You are a strong woman and I sure love you lots!